Section 12.2 Permitted Uses.
1. Personal service establishments such as barber shops, beauty parlors, medical and dental
clinics, restaurants, financial institutions, professional and other offices, service stations,
laundry and dry cleaning pick-up stations, self-service coin-operated laundry and dry
cleaning establishments, shoe repair, tailoring, watch and clock repair, and locksmiths.
2. Retail businesses, such as drug stores, package liquor stores, hardware stores, stationery
stores, china and luggage shops, newsstands, photographic supplies and studios, and
3. Drive-in restaurants when the boundaries of the tract of land on which it is located are in
excess of two hundred (200) feet from any residential district.
4. Automobile repair shops for servicing ignition, fuel, brake or suspension systems.
5. Fire Stations.
6. Theaters, except drive-in theaters.
7. Hotels and motels.
8. Churches and schools.
9. Day nurseries, kindergartens, and other child-care centers.
10. Florist shops where the products of which are displayed and sold wholly within an
11.Grocery, fruit, vegetable and meat markets.
12.Health clubs and spas.
13.Hospitals and nursing homes, but not animal hospitals.
14. Interior decorating, home furnishings, and furniture stores.
15.Music conservatories, dancing schools and art studios.
16.Music, radio and television shops.
17.Retail paint and wallpaper stores.
18.Structures for public use such as community centers, libraries, and museums.
19.Bowling alleys, skating rinks and billiard parlors, provided which activities and facilities are
enclosed within a soundproof building.
21.Dry cleaning establishments using equipment which emits no smoke or escaping steam, and
which uses nonflammable synthetic cleaning agents (perchlorethylene, trichloroethylene,
22.Bakeries where the products of which are sold only at retail on the premises.
23. Automobile sales businesses (new and used).
Section 12.3 Special Exceptions
Other uses which are similar or compatible to the uses permitted herein, which would promote the intent and purposes of this District.
Page 39 of 128
Section 12.4 Prohibited Uses.
The following uses are not considered to be “similar or compatible to the uses permitted” in the C-1 zoning district, and are prohibited along with other uses not expressly permitted in the C-1 zoning district.
1. Mini-storage facilities.
2. Trade uses.
3. Vehicle storage facilities.
5. Sales and rental of the following items:
a.Large vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of ≥7,500 pounds that are typically not intended
for sale to the general consumer market. This includes flatbed and work-bed trucks, buses,
tractor trailers, dump trucks, yard trucks, and similar vehicles.
b.Moving vans, trucks and trailers.
c.Construction, land clearing, hauling, earth moving, drilling, aerial lift and heavy equipment.
d.Forklifts, bobcats, trenchers, boom lifts, man lifts, and similar items.
e.Air compressors, generators, mobile pumps, and similar items.
f. Farming, agricultural and arborist equipment.
g.Recreational vehicles, including motor homes, motor coaches, travel trailers, fifth wheels, fold down trailers, camper trailers, and similar items.